We are pleased to announce some new improvements to GroupCamp.
- Select multiple items and add followers to them.
- Reorganize tasks in a project without scrolling in the browser.
- Stop following task window when completing a parallel task.
- New Overview app design and privacy option.
Select multiple items and add followers to them
With your mouse (Ctrl Click), you can select multiple items and right-click to use the contextual menu.
We've added some new features to follow up on recent comments to the GroupCamp support team:
- moving a task from one project to another lets you move time spent recorded on that task as well,
- when you copy a task you can also copy the task's attached files,
- you can now customize the content of the Description field for time spent recorded on tasks.
Move time spent recorded on task
The checkbox Move time spent can be found when moving a task to another project.
In order to move a task and its time spent to another project, you must have the View - Create - Update - Delete privilege for the source project as well as for the target project, which can be configured in the Timelog application settings.
The Reports application from the Dashboard is enhanced with new menus and a new table of data presentation.
- The Budget - Time spent menu allows you to track budgets and time spent in a table.
- The Project summary figures menu groups in a table the data located in the Overview application of your projects.
- The Planning of projects menu presents your projects in a Gantt view.
We are happy to show you the latest developments to the Tasks application located in the Dashboard.
- New menus: My tasks, My completed tasks and My Gantt view.
- New menu for All tasks, which, depending on your privileges, allows you to view all the tasks of users in your projects. OR you can view all tasks assigned to all users in all projects.
- Reports for the Planning menu and List menu have been removed.
And for all Tasks apps located in your projects or in the Dashboard.
- Filter by multiple tags. For example: Product A + Priority 1 + Marketing.
- Save your most often used filters for quick access.
The Tasks application in the Dashboard offers a new design closer to the mobile apps. The same design is found in the Date menu in the Tasks application of your projects.
Access to the All tasks menu is protected by two privileges. All other menus can be accessed by all users.
We have activated email alerts when recording time spent on tasks.
- Send an email alert when time spent exceeds estimated time on a task.
- Send an email alert when a user records time spent for a task to which that user is not assigned.
Use Tasks settings to configure email alerts.
In addition to the updates described in this blog, we have also worked on GroupCamp's project management.
- New design to the project settings window and to the configuration of Projects settings in the Admin panel
- New project fields: Project code, Project type, Project managers(s), Project privileges and project dates
- Reassign tasks and milestones from one user to another for all projects. New Gantt view.
- Time tracking: Mandatory filling out of configurable Description field, email reminders for weekly timesheet entry (Best plan and higher).
- New overall budget, email alert when the budget exceeds a certain percentage. Budgets are now available from the Start plan.
- New Excel reports
- New Actions menu
- The weekly and monthly stored key metrics and project budget feature has been deleted as it was infrequently used.
New design to Projects settings
When your GroupCamp account is linked with your Google Apps for Work domain, you can know view Google Calendars of your colleagues inside GroupCamp.
When colleagues have synced their Google Apps calendars in their GroupCamp preferences, you can access their calendars when assigning a task.