How to create project tasks from your email with GroupCamp
This FAQ explains how to create tasks in your GroupCamp projects directly from your email software.
Using your regular email software (Outlook, Gmail, Windows Live Mail or your smartphone), you can create tasks in your projects by sending emails to the project email address.
Here are a few examples showing how this feature may be useful:
- Never forget to process an email. Save an email as a task.
- Assign a task to a team member right away without leaving your inbox.
- Set up your own to-do list from your inbox.
- Save emails representing customer requests as follow-up tasks.
Naturally, you can also write a message and add the project task email address in the Cc field for the following purposes:
- Prepare a list of tasks for a team-member.
- Cc the project task email address to save the information for an upcoming meeting
- Save important project emails for future reference.
Enter the email address in the To: field, add a task name in the subject line and a task description in the body of the email. You can attach files if needed too.
In the project, the task is created in the Destination task list.
Map email information into a tasks .
In your project:
- The persons in the To: field are assigned to the task (if they are members of that project)
- The persons in the Cc: field become followers of the task (if they are members of that project)
- The project email address can be added in the Cc (visible by recipients) or Bcc field (not visible by recipients)
- The subject of the email becomes the name of the task
- The body of the email becomes the description of the task
- Any attached files are added as files within the project (in the Shared with the group folder of Files app) and linked to the task
- The sender becomes the creator of the task. He/she is added as a follower of the created task
To customize your email address, go to the Tasks application. Click on the Create button then choose Add tasks from your email.
If this option is not available, it means that the feature is not enabled for the project. (Please refer to this FAQ: How to set up the Tasks application).
You can customize the email address by clicking on the Edit - Destination task list button as shown below:
You can choose also the task list in which you want tasks created by email to be added:
You can also choose whether or not email notifications should be automatically sent to followers once the task is created from the email.
You can choose to enable or disable this feature. Please refer also to How to set up the Tasks application.
Please note that only users who have the right to create tasks can use the Create task by email feature.
Note: Only users who have an email address which is associated to a project member can use this feature to create tasks in a project. Otherwise the email will be bounced.