GroupCamp improvements (Mid-Nov 2015)
In this blogpost, we will outline improvements and bug fixes we worked on between October and November 2015.
Just to name a few: The Inbox application now displays 2 lines instead of just 1, we modified the cursor position when opening the Information panel of an item, we also improved the way you can link milestones to task lists.
Message display in the Inbox application
For every message you receive in your GroupCamp inbox, you can now preview the first two lines instead of just one. This will facilitate your navigation when browsing through your Inbox.
Cursor position when opening the Information panel of an item
We have decided to change the cursor position in order to improve your navigation when browsing through a list of items (Tasks, Inbox, Files etc..). Indeed, recent user stats show that this change will improve both user experience and speed.
When the Information panel was open (by clicking on the item with your mouse or by typing the " i " key on your keyboard), the cursor was automatically positioned in the comment section of the selected Information panel. Accessing the Information panel of another item could only be done with your mouse.
When you open the Information panel of an item, the cursor remains positioned on the list you are currently browsing through.
You can carry on browsing through your list by using your keyboard keys (up/down arrows - & - " i " key or mouse click).
To add a comment, you now need to click in the comment field with your mouse.
Link milestones and task lists
- In the task list form, we added a + button to create a milestone directly.
Note: If you do not see the + button, it means you do not have the privilege to create a milestone in your project. It could also mean the Milestones application is not set in your project.
- When you access the Information panel of a milestone, the Task lists tab allows you to link or dissociate task lists.
Other improvements and bugs we worked on:
- We renamed the "Budgeted time" feature, it is now called "Budget per category"
- Fix on the privilege related to file version deletion
- Fix on Milestones refresh after update
- Fix on the Feeds tab located in the Post a message window when re-sizing your navigaton window (Chrome)
- Fix on specific characters that were not displayed properly in Excel when exporting group files
- Directory > Groups application. We made the Group column broader for better readability.
- Fix in the Inbox application. In the Items I created menu, name of the item creator was not always displayed.
Some of these recent improvements came directly from customers giving us their feedback or sharing new ideas with us.
We value your feedback and look forward to your involvement in making GroupCamp better.
Feel free to contact us if you have questions, need support or wish to share new ideas with us.
Have a great day.